The Neshannock Township Volunteer Fire Company is currently seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Firefighter / Emergency Medical Responder (Part Time)
$15.00 per hour, not to exceed 29 hours per week
Fire Chief or Fire Chief’s Designate
No direct subordinates
7:00 AM – 7:00 PM Monday-Friday (rotating shifts, up to 29 hours per week)
9:00 AM – 9:00 PM Rotating Tuesday evening shifts
Eligible for emergency callout outside of normal working hours
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Minimum High School Graduate or completion of General Education Certificate (GED)
- Must be in physical condition to successfully pass a physical ability and strength test, and be subject to a complete medical exam compliant with NFPA 1582
- Must possess a criminal history free of any misdemeanor or felony convictions in the previous ten (10) years and free for any convictions related to arson, harassment or violence at any time.
- Must pass initial and ongoing drug screenings
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license (minimum equivalent to PA Class C)
- IFSAC/ProBoard Firefighter I certification required upon application
- Current Hazardous Materials Operations Credentials
(NFPA 472 Compliant Course or Refresher within 1 year prior to application)
- Must maintain current CPR/AED certification defined by Pennsylvania Department of Health.
- Must maintain current PA Department of Health or National Registry Emergency Medical Responder (or higher)
- PA Emergency Vehicle Driver Training (or equivalent)
- Ability to work weekdays
- Ability to adapt and operate safely in adverse or dangerous working conditions
- Ability to interact with public in a calm and reassuring manner
- Performs all job functions of Fire Fighter I and/or Fire Fighter II in accordance with NFPA Standard 1001.
- Perform the essential tasks associated with mitigating fire, rescue and medical emergencies in Neshannock Township, in accordance with NFPA 1582 Chapter 5, Section 5.1.
- Drive fire apparatus and/or operate fire apparatus on emergency calls or at incident scene.
- Participate in regular and progressive public safety training
- Maintain certification levels commensurate with organization’s needs and response posture
- Perform basic housekeeping and maintenance to buildings, grounds, apparatus, and equipment to ensure that all equipment and apparatus is in a constant state of readiness for response to emergencies.
- Enter incident reports as directed
- Assist with delivery of public education and prevention programs
- Assist with inspection and code enforcement duties
- Other job related duties as assigned by the Fire Chief or designate.
- Life insurance policy
- Education allowance
- Uniform allowance
- Overtime pay of 1.5 times the employee’s hourly wage after 40 working hours in a seven-day work week
- Holiday pay of 2 times the employee’s hourly wage if the employee works during a holiday as defined in the company handbook
- Longevity bonus ($25 per year of employment after 200 hours worked per year, paid annually in December of each year)
How to Apply
Click the button below to download the application. All applications and supporting documentation must be submitted by mail to:
3135 Mercer Rd.
Neshannock, PA 16105
*Important: Due to COVID-19 safety protocols, applicants are not able to hand deliver applications. Please send all materials by mail.