Current Job Openings:
Firefighter / Emergency Medical Responder (Part Time)
$15.00 per hour, not to exceed 29 hours per week
Fire Chief or Fire Chief’s Designate
No direct subordinates
7:00 AM – 7:00 PM Monday-Friday (rotating shifts, up to 29 hours per week)
9:00 AM – 9:00 PM Rotating Tuesday evening shifts
Eligible for emergency callout outside of normal working hours
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Minimum High School Graduate or completion of General Education Certificate (GED)
- Must be in physical condition to successfully pass a physical ability and strength test, and be subject to a complete medical exam compliant with NFPA 1582
- Must possess a criminal history free of any misdemeanor or felony convictions in the previous ten (10) years and free for any convictions related to arson, harassment or violence at any time.
- Must pass initial and ongoing drug screenings
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license (minimum equivalent to PA Class C)
- IFSAC/ProBoard Firefighter I certification required upon application
- Current Hazardous Materials Operations Credentials
(NFPA 472 Compliant Course or Refresher within 1 year prior to application)
- Must maintain current CPR/AED certification defined by Pennsylvania Department of Health.
- Must maintain current PA Department of Health or National Registry Emergency Medical Responder (or higher)
- PA Emergency Vehicle Driver Training (or equivalent)
- Ability to work weekdays
- Ability to adapt and operate safely in adverse or dangerous working conditions
- Ability to interact with public in a calm and reassuring manner
- Performs all job functions of Fire Fighter I and/or Fire Fighter II in accordance with NFPA Standard 1001.
- Perform the essential tasks associated with mitigating fire, rescue and medical emergencies in Neshannock Township, in accordance with NFPA 1582 Chapter 5, Section 5.1.
- Drive fire apparatus and/or operate fire apparatus on emergency calls or at incident scene.
- Participate in regular and progressive public safety training
- Maintain certification levels commensurate with organization’s needs and response posture
- Perform basic housekeeping and maintenance to buildings, grounds, apparatus, and equipment to ensure that all equipment and apparatus is in a constant state of readiness for response to emergencies.
- Enter incident reports as directed
- Assist with delivery of public education and prevention programs
- Assist with inspection and code enforcement duties
- Other job related duties as assigned by the Fire Chief or designate.
- Life insurance policy
- Education allowance
- Uniform allowance
- Overtime pay of 1.5 times the employee’s hourly wage after 40 working hours in a seven-day work week
- Holiday pay of 2 times the employee’s hourly wage if the employee works during a holiday as defined in the company handbook
- Longevity bonus ($25 per year of employment after 200 hours worked per year, paid annually in December of each year)
How to Apply
Please visit our posting on Indeed.com to apply!